When you do not need the website anymore it is better to delete it from the internet. The steps to delete the website are different for different platform.
You can delete the website from the cPanel, hPanel, site list, and the directory of the hosting provider. You can delete the website that is hosted on a free platform by just removing it from the platform list.
In this article, we are going to see the exact steps that you should follow in order to delete a website from different platforms and we will also discuss how do I permanently delete a website when I do not need it anymore.
So, let’s get started.
Should You Delete Your Website Permanently From Internet?
If you do not need the website anymore and you are sure that the content inside the website is no longer useful then you should surely delete the website. This will allow you to keep your personal as well as professional information safe and no one will be able to access it in the future.
If you have moved your website or business to a completely new domain then it can be a good option to migrate the old website and redirect it to the new domain instead of deleting the website.
Because once the website is deleted from the internet you won’t be able to log in to make any changes and your website will no longer be accessible to the visitor.
When You Should Delete the Website From Internet?
Before, I start telling you how do In permanently delete a website. It is important to understand why and when it is important to delete the website.
Before you make the final decision to delete the website you should be confirmed that you will never need any data of the website again for future use because once it is deleted from the internet you will never be able to access it.
You should have a backup of the data of the website so that you can access it whenever you need it in the future. You can upload the backup on another website using some paid tools or software like the UpdraftPlus if your website is on WordPress.
Although, if you are using a free platform just like the milkshake app that you can use to make a website for Instagram Bio you will not create a backup because the website is directly hosted on the Milkshake servers and they have all the control over it,
How To Delete A Website On Google?
Whenever someone says Internet the first thing that comes to mind is Google. The reason is simple, Google’s search engine is the most advanced search engine that allows us to search anything in fractions of time and it provides the best user experience.
Although, there are so many databases available most of the searches are made on the Google search engine.
To help the publisher share their knowledge and experience google has introduced Google sites where people can share their knowledge by creating their site on Google.
We will talk more about it one day by right but for now.
Let’s see how you can delete the website on Google Sites.
- Open the browser and search for Google Sites.
- Log in to see the list of the website.
- Click on the website you want to delete.
- On the site, you want to delta click on the three dots icon.
- Click on the Remove Option (dustbin icon).
- To permanently delete the website empty your Google Drive Trash.
You can remove the website from the Google Site by just clicking on the remove option but to delete it permanently from Google you will have to delete it from your Google Drive.
You can leave it there if you want because you can use the same files to restore the website in the future by uploading the files as a backup file.
How To Remove My Name From Google Search For Free?
Google search is a big topic to cover but I can tell you how it works in a quick mode.
Google has AI and some bots that keeps the track of all the web pages, images, videos, products, and any other possibilities that you can think of, this clearly means that they have access to most of the pages on the internet.
- So, if you are want to remove yourself from Google Search for free then you need to make sure your social media account sare private or they do not have your picture or real name because Google can never show information that never exists.
- You can file a legal request with Google to remove sensitive information like personal images, financial information, or health information.
- You can ask the source of the website, social media, or blog from where Google picked your information to delete it so Google does not have anything to show. (it take few days to update the information on Google)
How To Delete A WordPress Website From The Internet?
The website the are available on the internet uses different platforms and most of them use wordpress and this is why you should know what is the platform of your website so you can delete it accordingly.
If you do not know how to tell if a website is wordpress then this guide will help you. So, to delete a wordpress website you should follow the steps given below.
- Log in to Your WordPress Dashboard.
- In settings, click on the my site option.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page.
- You should see the Delete Your Site Permananelty option.
- Click on it.
- Type the name of the WordPress Site you want to delete.
- Now, if you typed the right name you will be able to click the delete this site option.
This is all you need to do to delete your wordpress website from the internet.
How To Delete A Website On Wix?
Here are the steps to delete a website on Wix:
- Open your website dashboard by logging in.
- Click on the Quick Actions Option.
- Now, click on the Move To Trash to delete the website from Wix.
- Click on the Move To Trash Button to Confirm.
In conclusion, you can permanently delete a website from the internet based on the platform it is built it. You can delete the wordpress website from the wp-dashboard and the Google Site by logging into your Google Site’s account and clicking on the remove option. The deletion of the website depends completely on the platform and host.