There are tons of websites available on the internet from which you may want to download or save pictures into your system.
But do you know how to save a picture from a website and how to save pictures from a copy-protected website?
We are going to cover up all things in this article.
So, let’s get started.
Why You Should Save Images From Website?
There are so many reasons why you want to download any picture or image from the website.
If you’re saving any non-copyrighted image to your system then the image quality is too low.
And if you are looking for a wallpaper that looks great on your mobile screen but you are not able to download it because the website blocks with right-click option and you do not want to take a screenshot of it because of low quality.
Then you should save the image into your system using the proper methods so that you do not decrease the quality of the image.
How To Copy And Save Images From The Internet?
To copy and save the image from the internet you should press Shift + Right Click on the image and again shift- right-click. This will open the context menu, click the “Save As” and select the destination path for the image, give it a name and click on the “Save” button.
If the above method does not work then you should follow the below-mentioned steps to save the images from the internet.
- Open the website from which you want to download the image right click on the website and click on the inspect element option.
- Alternatively, press Ctrl+Shift+I to open the Developer Tools window.
- In the Developer Tools window, look for the tab named “Applications” and click on it.
- In the left window pane, you should find the “Frames option” and then click on the dropdown arrow to expand it.
- It will open the folders and you need to search for the “Images folder”.
- Click on the drop-down arrow to expand the images folder and then click on the image which you want to download.
- It will appear in the right pane of the screen and now you should right-click on that image and then click on the save as an option to save it in your system.
How To Save Pictures From Copy Protected Websites?
You can find a lot of websites that do not allow their visitors to download the images available on their websites.
There can be different reasons for it and depending on the purpose, the images available on the websites are download protected and copyrighted images which means you cannot use those images for your use until you do not have permission from the original owner of that image.
It is completely legal to save pictures from copy-protected websites and this is why we will suggest you ask the owner if you can use that image or you can recreate that image for use.
If you want to know who is the publisher/organization of the website so you can contact him/her then you should read this guide.
Once you get the permission of the original owner of the image and you make sure that the image you are using is now copyrighted but can be repurposed aur recreated then you can use the following two methods to download the image from the copy-protected website.
#1. Use Source Code To Download The Image Without Right Click.
Source code of any website is the major part from which you can download the picture and check other information related to that website.
If you want to know how to save a picture from a website without right-clicking, then you should follow the given steps.
- Open the browser and visit that website from which you want to download the image.
- Press F12 on your keyboard which will open the source code of the page.
- If you cannot see the source code there then you need to select the second option of
“Elements” in the menu bar.
- Press Ctrl + F on the keyboard to find the image and to do so you can enter extensions like .png, .jpg, .webp.
- Keep looking for the image you want to save and if you know the name of the image then you can simply search the image name in the search box which just appears after pressing CTRL + F.
- Once you find it then you need to copy the URL of the image and paste it into a new tab in the address box.
- Now, you should be able to see the image displayed on your screen.
- Right-click on the image and click on the save as option and give a name to your image after selecting the destination folder.
- Click save as an option.
#2. Use the PrintScr Button To Save Pictures.
Although the above-mentioned method is really effective it will not work for flash websites.
To save the pictures from flash websites without right-clicking you can use the print screen button on the keyboard.
Here are the steps that you will have to follow to save the picture:
- Open the websites from where you want to save the pictures and press CTRL + + or hold the Ctrl button and roll over the mouse middle button in the forward direction.
- This will zoom the website and the image you want to download.
- Once this is done, you need to Press Ctrl+Alt+Prt Scr and this will copy the screenshot to the clipboard.
- You should open the paints (two times) and now paste the image in one of the paints.
- Crop the image so you can remove the extra part that you do not need and copy that image which you edit and paste in the second paint window.
- Now, go to the file option, click on the “Save As” option, give your file a name and then choose the destination path of the file and click save.
This is all you have to do and you have successfully saved the picture on your device.
Again, I would like to mention that it is illegal to download copyright images and use them for personal purposes.
We have shared these methods just to help you once you have the permission of the legal and original owner of the picture.
We will not be responsible if something wrong happens.
We have discussed how you can save images or pictures to your system from the websites which have blocked the right-click option. Also, we discuss how you can download images from flash websites. We hope this article helped you.